Time： 2020-06-15 17:25:12
Kitchen scale is a tool used to accurately measure the weight of food ingredients used in cooking. The materials for making kitchen scales are generally ABS or AAS plastic and stainless steel. Similar to general scales, kitchen scales use electronic sensing or spring expansion to determine quality. In comparison, the accuracy of electronic sensing will be higher than that of spring metering. So how should we buy kitchen scales? We can choose from the material, accuracy, measurement unit, etc. of the kitchen scale. Let's take a look at the detailed knowledge.
1. What are the classification of kitchen scales
1. Divided by use: household kitchen scales and hotel kitchen scales.
2. According to sensing points: electronic kitchen scale and mechanical kitchen scale.
3. According to food raw materials: liquid measuring kitchen scale and quality measuring kitchen scale.
4. According to finished food products: Western-style pastry kitchen scales and Chinese food kitchen scales.
Second, the use of kitchen scales
1. Determine the type of kitchen scale you want to use. Some people prefer to buy a digital scale because it provides accurate measurements without guessing; other options include springs and weight scales. When choosing, focus on choosing a scale with numbers that you can easily read. Within your budget, there is a bowl or cup for storing food and easy to use.
2. Read the manual included with your scale. The manual may not have a simple tutorial, but some digital scales have advanced functions such as calorie measurement and nutritional value. Reading the manual will help you understand the specific functions of the scale.
3. Zero your kitchen scale. Depending on the type of kitchen scale you purchased, this may be as simple as turning on the scale and waiting until the display is "0". For spring and kitchen scales, you may need to turn the knob on the scale to 0.
4. Weighing bowls or containers for storing the food you weigh. You need to know the weight of the container in order to subtract it from the number registered in the scale when adding food to it. The answer will provide you with the actual weight of the food. Some scales that come with containers have a special button to automatically record the container; use this function according to the manufacturer's instructions.
5. Place the food part in the container on the scale. Please wait for the scale before reading the weight. If you are using a digital scale, you will see the weight displayed automatically, or you may need to set it to indicate the type of food you weigh in the scale. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to obtain correct readings.
6. If necessary, subtract the weight of the container (tare) from the reading, so as to better calculate the final weight value when waiting for the weight of the food on the scale.
Third, how to buy kitchen scales
The material of the kitchen scale is roughly the shell and the internal material. First of all, for the shell, kitchen scales of different prices and different brands will use primary materials and secondary materials. In general, the appearance is like a matte. The texture is uneven and grainy. Most kitchen scales are made of secondary materials, and the price is generally cheaper than the electronic scales made of primary materials; the material of the bracket is divided into aluminum or iron. It is recommended that everyone choose aluminum brackets, which can provide better protection for kitchen scales.
For kitchen scales with lower quality, accuracy is the most important consideration when selecting. Generally speaking, the accuracy of a kitchen scale is one-fifth of its measurement, that is to say, if the accuracy is 0.1 grams, it is called 0.5 grams, and the error range is within plus or minus 0.3 grams. Most kitchen scales on the market have a maximum weight of 3 kilograms, and a very small number reach 5 kilograms. You can choose freely according to the precision and measurement you need.
3. Unit of measurement
Compared with real smart electronic scales, although kitchen scales can achieve the best accuracy, they may not be able to outperform everything in function: the kitchen scales on the market today have only a single unit of measurement, not metric (gram, Kilograms) are imperial (ounces, pounds), and each user's habits are different. Therefore, in this case, everyone must pay attention to the measurement unit when they buy electronic scales. If they are used to measuring in grams, but they purchase an English kitchen scale, they will wait to cry when converting. Tears!